Omega-3 has been proven to be vitally important in human health, growth and development. Generally speaking, their functions in human body include:
- Omega-3 is an essential part for the cellular membrane to remain function. A shortage of Omega-3 reduces the ability of cells to efficiently perform their functions, accordingly leads to nutrient starvation and chronic illnesses.
- Eicosanoids, the most critical of which are prostaglandins, are also converted by Omega-3. Prostaglandins are important for the regulation of inflammation, pain, blood pressure, heart function, gastrointestinal function and secretions, kidney function transmission, steroid production and hormone synthesis. Lacking or unbalanced of Omega-3 leads to dysfunction of these vital bodily activities.
- DHA has been identified as an essential building block of brain, nerve and eye tissue. It is especially important to the development of an infant’s visual acuity.
- EPA diminishes inflammation and blood clots within the cardiovascular system.
- DPA, as the effective agent, is almost as important as either DHA or EPA; Tasly Omega-3 Fatty Acid Capsule refined from Harp seal Oil includes the essential fatty acid Alpha-linolenic acid and its longer chain metabolites (DHA-Docosahexaenoic Acid, DPA-Docosapentaenoic Acid & EPA- Eicosapentaenoic Acid). And that has more DPA which is special in protecting and repairing blood vessels, reducing coronary artery diseases of women. People of all ages can benefit from it.
What is seal oil? Is it the same as fish oil?
Seal oil is a product containing plentiful Omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids extracted from the fatty tissue of seals and is different from fish oil.
Omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids include: EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid): the so-called “vascular cleaner” removes the garbage (cholesterol and triglyceride) from blood vessels; DPA (Docosapentaenoic acid): mostly found in human milk and seal oil and seldom in fish oil, it is effective in preventing vascular hardening and platelet aggregation; DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid): the so-called “brain gold” softens blood vessels, improves intelligence and enhances eyesight. The seal oil softgel on the market looks similar to fish oil softgel, but is different from fish oil, another product containing Omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids with much less content and types and less desired effects.